I got a new puppy. She was 7 weeks old and covered in fleas.
Being so young my first instinct was to give her a bath. Well, three later and she still had fleas so I called Banfield. I have 4 other pets on the wellness plan and had her scheduled to be as well. She was not due for her next shot but I had to take care of the fleas.
Banfield recommended First Shield Trio. My other dogs were due for treatments too so I purchased enough for all. I was happy to have that taken care of. The next morning I noticed my 13 year old Chihuahua was salivating profusely.
I thought he ate something outside and was not overly concerned. That night he started with muscle tremors. He was literally bucking his hind leg like a wild horse. I knew it was involuntary because he was so confused by it.
The same night we noticed that our puppy seemed super lethargic. I'm talking like a wet dish rag. We kept an eye on her and let her sleep. The next morning she was so week that she peed without standing which soaked her in her own *** She is a St Bernard/Akita mix so she's certainly able to take a simple *** correctly.
I called Banfield and the jerks refused to see her because the were busy and told me to take her to an emergency clinic. Are you kidding me?! I have 4 pets on the plan and will have 5 I said. I was again told to take her to emergency.
I asked if I could drop her off and she could be treated whenever they had a chance. Again, big fat no. I was LIVID. I immediately looked up vets in my zip code and found one who could see her right away.
Surprise Surprise both of my dogs under 10 pounds have toxic poisoning. It's only been 3 days but we do see tiny improvements. The Chihuahua so far only needed a couple of good dish liquid baths and the tremors have become less violent. He has stopped salivating.
The puppy has needed IV fluids, B12 shot, baths and if she is not better by tomorrow we have to go in for steroids which of course is not so great for a puppy.
Aside from giving poison to my dogs I have another horror story too. We had a 13 year old Chow/lab mix. We took her in for shots a month ago and they wanted to "express her glands".
They go to the back to do this. They lifted our 85 pound dog onto a table to do this. She had a heart attack and died in 2 minutes. We will never really know what happened.
Needless to say I have a new vet and I cancelled absolutely every plan with *** banfield. I will NEVER EVER use them again.
Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination.