On Feb. 7th 2017 my dog had a 104 temperature.

She has been going to Banfield since she was 6 weeks old. Upon calling Banfield they refused to treat my dog which I pay monthly for. I do this as I travel and liked the peace of mind in case on an emergency. They told me by law they could not take her in.

Another person working the next day told me that is not true and they should have accepted my dog.

I had to rush her to a new vet who gladly took her in and nursed her back to health. Goodbye Banfield, you lost a loyal and paying customer!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

There is absolutely no way of telling what is going on with this review.

A vet clinic is a business, when they turn away pets, they lose money. Typically, if they say no, it means they cannot provide your pet the care it needs

Would you rather them just give it a go with whatever short they have (staff, equipment, time, etc) or be up front and honest and send you somewhere else?

The thing is Banfield clinics are not 24/7 ER hospitals. They only have a set amount of appointments per day that a Dr can see and once those are full then they can have a hard time squeezing in extra appointments, especially if they are sick and won't be quick.

I used to work for a Banfield and our hospitals appointments would book up 2-3 weeks in advance. We were not allowed to 'reserve' appointments in case pets got sick because management want to ensure everyday is 100% booked. Even though we were always fully booked we would get walk-in's and try our best to fit in extra sick pets each day, but there is only so much you can do. Maybe they had already taken in other ER cases or walk-in's already?

It is unfortunate, but you should also understand that paying the Wellness plan fee DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you can be seen exactly when you want.

They will do their best depending on what their schedule allows, but sometimes it will be necessary to seek care at an ER because they are too busy already. They can't cancel other pets appointments just to make time for you.

@Anonymous

I wonder how much Banfield pays for people to defend their poor practices, errors, etc.? Clearly someone from the company spends a lot of time on these pages going after pet owners complaints. It really makes Banfield look even worse!

Jamecia

More information, please. What time did you try to bring her in?

Was it right before closing time? Was it a "surgery day"?

Were they totally booked up with appointments? It's easy to cry wolf, but you didn't provide enough information to back up your claims.

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews