Hollywood, Florida

Ref: Leonine Contracts, Client ID #PMP00N3, Hospital #5041.

I am receiving phone calls and post cards informing me that Comprehensive Exams are due.

I emphasize that using due is harassing and recommended is more proper.

Besides grammar, I consider that contracts for two cats named Romeo and Amanda should be canceled since they were forced to me without explanation of details and restrictions like the automatic renewal. I am a Senior, 81 years old, with a S.S. Income too low to sustain a monthly payment of $20.95 for Romeo, stray cat that lives outside and I have no control, Contract started 4/8/2016 and already programmed to end 04/08/2017. Added to this, there is a contract for Amanda, an inside cat and the monthly amount is $25.95. This plan is already programmed to end 05/04/2017. Grand total $46.90 a month, so far as today:

for Romeo 6 months X $20.95 = $125.70 plus $42.95 initial membership fee (?) total $168.45

for Amanda 5 months X $25.95 = $129.75 plus $42.95 “ “ “ total $172.70

The different monthly fee for Amanda (higher) than for Romeo (lower) never explained to me.

I have notified by text to the location #5041 about my irrevocable decision to not accept any comprehensive exams or treatments that will risk increase my liability of rendered services against my enforced monthly payments. Those can be elevated by marking up values. My impossible dream is that you will decide not to have an angry customer and decide to cancel both plans immediately as it is in Article 9 under Cancellation by Provider . Hours of examining the legalese and computing amounts made me very suspicious and I will never visit your facilities again. If any emergency comes, I will go to a better and honest place.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

How is letting you know that your pet is due for a comprehensive exam, harassing?

They ARE due! It's not just "recommended'.

The exams are every 6mo. So if they had one 6mo ago, they are now DUE for it.

I'm sure that your doctor tells you when you are DUE for vaccines/testing/exams etc.

As for cancelling the plan. You signed a 1yr contract. In the contract ithat states that If you cancel before the year is up, you either pay the remainder of the months you owe or the services you've already used, at cost, whichever is cheaper.

It is NOT insurance.

You realize Banfield does not read these pages right??? This is for people to vent only, it has no affiliation with the business.

To cancel the plan you have to call them directly.

Per their website: "Plan services are provided at significant discounts under an annual agreement. Agreements may be cancelled at any time. However, under the monthly pay option, services may have been performed that have not been fully paid for.

In this situation the client is responsible for the remaining payments on the plan or the full retail value for services or discounts used under the plan less payments made (whichever is less).

To cancel or set a plan to non-renew call 888-649-2716"

Also, medically it is not incorrect to use the term 'due' with regards to an annual examination or vaccines, so you are totally overreacting by trying to call this harassment.

Hope this helps