Banfield Pet Hospital - Review about Animal Medical Service from Fort Worth, Texas

I took my dog in for surgery for Pyometra and she ended up with a damaged esophagus due to the tubes they used during surgery.Not only did Banfield not express concern that our dog needed to get spayed because she could get pyometra when we brought her in for the exact symptoms months earlier, but they never once told us that emphysema could occur due to the surgery.

She ended up dying at only a year and a half because when I called to discuss her coughing with the vet, they told me it was normal because of the surgery and said nothing about the possibility of emphysema. I ended up bringing her in a few days later and they said she needed to go to emergency for oxygen treatment and I Vs, but we couldn't afford it and they wouldn't help. I had to explain to my 6 year old that his dog died this morning.

What a horrible experience.I will make sure that everyone I know hears this story in hope that they will never go through this with their pet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Banfield Pet Hospital. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Banfield Pet Hospital.
Filing a new complaint about