Review about Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan from Orange, California
For my son's birthday I adopted a Burmese kitten for him. He was so excited and elated. As many shelter pets our new kitten contacted a URI infection. I took her to the shelter were she recieved antibiotic and a antibiotic shot. Sadly, this had little effect, and she refused to eat or drink. I was force feeding her. I had shopped at a local Pet Smart in Long Beach and had gotten a free visit to Banfield. I set up appointment. I arrived with my son and kitten. The girl at the desk seemed to want to be anywhere, but at work. She was not welcoming or warm at all. She handed me paperwork and told me to fill them out. I did so, and handed it back to her. She did not seem to notice since she was gossiping with another employee. I sat down and we waited... Waited some more.. A hour passed and we were called back. We then waited in the room... This continued for quite some time. The pet nurse or whatever they are popped in. She was friendly. She took the kitten out to the front to weigh her. The moronic front office girl was supposed to have us do that but forgot. She then did a cursory exam and questioned us about our visit. She was great. Sadly, she started in on the insurance plan and how great it was. I told her I would need to discuss it with my husband. She left. Once again we waited...See rhe common theme here? I was so irritated I was about to leave because my son has ADHD and he was getting antsy. Finally a haggard looking vet power walks in. He does not introduce himself or try to establish a connection. He walks over to the kitten and fires off questions, barely gives me a chance to respond. He mentions this great Wellness Plan, mubbles something and leaves. I look at my son like WTF!?
The pet nurse comes in with a bunch of tests he wants to perform, it had over priced suppliments, and I know I could get them cheaper elsewhere. Their treatment plan was ridiculous! I approved what was necessary, which changed pet nurse's tune. She tried to guilt trip me. I straight up told her I know I can get the other suggested medication cheaper elsewhere. In the end I approved the antibiotic shot, rehydration treatment, and antibiotics. When I was checking out the clerk refused my husband's bank card. I had to waste more time and pull the money out of a ATM. The receptionist was snotty too. She was trying to lecture me after I came back with the money I was cheap for not letting them financially rape me. She was being loud also. It was rude and embarrassing. I finally had it and told her the suppliments I could get for a third of the price and their prices on medication was outrageous. I did not understand why anyone would want to deal with the long waits, the rude employees, and the impersonal vets. If steam could have come out of her ears it would have. My kitten was basically tossed at me. As was the bag of medicine. The witch did not bother explaining the doses or anything. A few people actually left and vowed not to bring their pets back. I opened the bag and it was the same antibiotic the shelter had given me. I marched up to the receptionist and demanded the vet give me a steonger antibiotic. That this one did not work. She refused. She told me to leave or she would call the police. My son was close to tears. I felt bad for losing my temper and scaring him.
Our cat just deteriorated. I thought she was going to die. A friend told me to try a shelter vet thst saw animals in certain days. Banfield had drained my financial resources. I took our sick feline and there was a long wait. I chatted with the many other people there. Finally we were called. Our cat had pneumonia, not a URI as the vet at Banfield told us. He was very understanding, and kind. He introduced himself and let me explain her symptoms. He knew just by listening to her breathing what was wrong. He ordered rehydration, a antibiotic shot, and stronger antibiotic. He also explained what and how to force feed her. It was a fraction of the price of Banfield, and she was better in two days!
I never complained to Banfield, this was some time ago. But is just a example how horrible they treat people and animals. At the time my ex husband and I were on a tight budget. I think it is wrong what they charge, and trying to guilt trip you into products you do not need.
Just because I could not afford their over exaggerated supplements did not mean I did not love my kitten. How sad a shelter vet has more compassion and empathy. I hope these clinics close down. I should have made a complaint. But why, they do not do anything. Banfield only cares about money, and ripping off concerned pet parents.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "My healthy 1 year old Bengal had escaped outdoors, and had twelve hours of diarrhea. I wasn't concerned, but my aunt called to see when we should be, if it..."
- "After I took my dog to banfield midtown Miami to get neutered his sack got swollen to the size of a baseball I went back to the vet they gave..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "How do i leave a review for an item i ordered? Got an email that said i will receive 20 points for leaving a review, but i have no..."
- "AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some..."
- "After having had experienced a few addiction and mental health related problems with my adolescent son, I did a good amount of research on teen & adolescent addiction treatment centers,..."