Banfield Pet Hospital - Review about First Shield Trio from Lancaster, Massachusetts

We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems.Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started walking walking "U" shaped with his rear end towards his upper body.

He is very lethargic and been crying since yesterday. He vomited once. Banfield wouldn't see him and told us take him to the emergency hospital, emergency hospital recommended I call the number on the box and get there advise. Basically my puppy had a reaction to the medication (possibly toxic) and they believe the symptoms should disappear after a couple days.

Also told me to bathe him with Dawn soap and apply some vitamin e (from the liquid capsules) onto his back and monitor closely. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

I don't have anything bad to say about Banfield Hospital but I do think they could of told me to bring my puppy to be examined by them instead of the emergency room....I got the *** First Shield Trip from them.Hoping my pup is back to normal in a few days.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 14 Yes 14 15 No 15
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 13, 2015 #983628

OMG !! I bought this product and my dog is doing the exact same thing. She started throwing up, crying and now will not walk! I took her to the vet and they had to wash her after I did with dawn soap(blue kind) and prescribe her some pills that should be her walk in a few days! Please DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IT WILL HARM YOUR DOG!!!!!

0 5 Reply

Apr 10, 2015 #970287 Cranston, Rhode Island

already 8 1/2 lbs? Well, that's NOT a puppy at all, just about fully grown.

1 3 Reply

Feb 10, 2015 #943878 Fort Myers, Florida

I had many problems with flea and tick medications. I now order online from Only No chemicals that can harm your pet and it works fine for me in Florida.

2 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.