Belmont, California

I was in Banfield San Mateo today for my puppy's vaccine and I told them I don't wanna have any test or exam .Because my puppy had physical exam 3 weeks ago and one more 6 weeks ago.

But they refused to do boost vaccine . The staff were so rude and unhelpful .

There was no manager on duty , they made me wait for about 2 hours and at the end they told we are sorry sorry for the wrong info we gave to u .This physical exam is obligatory

Review about: Puppy Vaccine.

Review #519810 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1203115

I have worked at vet hospitals and I can tell you that if your pet was new to that clinic you must have a physical exam done. They cannot just give your pet a vaccine if there is no relationship established with a vet.

There are lots of "vaccine only" programs that typically hold events once or twice a month at Petsmart, Petco and other large retailers.They are cheaper because they do not charge for an exam.

Regular vets will ALWAYS charge you an "exam fee" or a "vet visit fee." You can't just buy the vaccine. My dog needed several shots on different days and I ended up having to pay a $70 exam fee each time! They didn't even do a physical.

It stunk and made me mad but it was my fault for not going to a vaccination clinic.

Make sure to keep all your vaccine records in a safe place and always bring them with you.If they can't read or find some vaccine information they might start over.

I ***cur
Manhattan, New York, United States #856900

Couldn't agree more with the 1st comment by an Educated Pet Owner.

Banfield isn't just a low-cost vaccine clinic where everything just gets a shot regardless of whether it is suitable or not. As a pet owner YOU should want to make sure that your pet is Ok to be vaccinated - EVERY TIME! Like the other person said a lot can change in 3 weeks & if the Vet didn't do an exam 1st them they could be held liable if anything went wrong afterwards that could have been avoided (i.e you don't vaccinate a pet with a fever, you don't vaccinate a pet with other signs of illness or a history that could suggest immune Dz).

Educated Pet Owner

Clearly you are very uneducated.It is mandatory for Banfields to do a physical exam prior to giving your pet any vaccinations.

What happens if they don't and your pet happened to be running a fever and they give your pet the vaccine and surprise surprise your pet ends up extremely ill. Then Im sure you would be blaming the hospital because they DIDNT do the physical exam. Just because your pet had one three weeks prior is absolutely no excuse for passing up a physical exam. A LOT can happen to a puppy in three weeks and Im ashamed to know you own a living animal and don't understand this.

Its very critical to keep these physical exams going to prevent problems from arising.

Please do the world a favor and educate yourself before you come onto websites like these and spread around BS.