Boise, Idaho

Took my germen sheperd to banfield in boise idaho because she had issues with her breathing but her spirits were good Dr. Ames saw her at the boise, idaho clinic and took xrays of my dogs lungs took blood sample fecal sample, heartworm, it all come up negitive except her xray showed her lungs were showered with tumors she checked her gums and her toung and they had a slight tinge of grey indicating lack of oxygen, but sence I was in california within the last 6 months, lets treat her for valley fever and she how she does, of course I trusted her she never once talked about putting my dog down!!!!

Which should of took place!!! So 12 hrs later she was worse then ever I saw death in my girls eyes, I call tigard banfield her regular vet , so she looked over her xray and said I'm sorry your do needs to be put down asap! So then I found a vet office who took her in asap I had my dogs history sent over with the xray she also said yes she needs to be put down she's suffering and couldn't believe what I told her so it was done, I have lost all trust in banfield, this was the short version! And now my 4th complaint more to my story about this!

Banfield just wants your money!!! They could careless about your pet!!!!

Your best friend!! Means nothing to them!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Anonymous - We are sorry about your family’s loss of your dog. After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information regarding the care that your dog received at Banfield. Could you please call our Client Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 or email cat(at)banfield(dot)com? Again, we are so sorry for your loss.

Most sincerely,

The Banfield Team

As an addendum to my previos comment: this is the only Banfield I have ever dealt with---some may be really great, and I hope they continue that. However, my particulat experiences with this location --not good.

I kept going back, thinking maybe someone had an "off" day or something.

But in the end--their info-mercial over a dying animal--that did it for me! No more.

I need to vent! Have to get this off my chest---I fell prey to the WELLNESS PROGRAM nonsense 2 years ago.

Total B.S.!! They tried to "scare" me into renewing it. No chance. The last supposedly "comprehensive exam" on my dog required me to ask THEM to check his ears and teeth...comprehensive, NOT.

Recently (3/7/13) I took my poor dear cat in...he had been really slowing down, not eating right---he was 15. I knew it was time. I barely got him in the exam room and the technician looked at him, he was obviously dying. She then tried to sell me an Optimum Wellness Plan for him???

SAY WHAT?! When I asked her to stop, she just kept on telling me how great it would be--like she didn't hear me---so, I raised my voice and said, "I don't want to hear this,please stop it"--she said that she just wanted to give me options...I just quit answering her. Finally, the vet came in, and said "we better do blood work--blah--blah-blah---". In the end, the way I see it, I paid Banfield $359.00 to kill my cat.

My beloved Jazz-cat went quietly and in my arms. Prior, to this incident, my other cat had a strange "rash" on his hind leg---I spent a fortune taking him back 3 times for NOTHING---They could not figure out what it was or what it was caused byOR how to treat it, so the vet told me that if "I" figured it out to let THEM know--they ran test after test and kind of joked that none of them had ever seen anything like it SO---bye--pay at the desk.

I will NEVER take any of my pets to Banfield in Robinson Twp. again.