We went to the Banfield in Lakewood, WA for a cheap microchip ($25) since my regular vet charged $50.I was given a coupon for a free exam so I figured I could have my dog get a free look-over and a cheap microchip, maybe have a good experience and maybe go back.We waited in the exam room for a full hour before anyone came in, an additional 20 minutes for the vet.

We were charged $25 for a pain injection for the chip (never heard of needing that), so the chip still cost $50. We then were introduced to this new product "first shield" a new flea product for dogs. They said it covered fleas ticks and mosquitos and it was on special for only $45 for 5 tubes. I said sure, a vet is recommending it, good stuff it must be.

I got it home and after applying it (*** on my part) did some more research on the internet about the product. Its ***! Its the same stuff as that horrible pesticide flea drops that you can buy in any pet store that we've all heard horror stories about poisoning our pets. Same chemicals.

I immediately bathed both my dogs. So...$100 later for worthless flea control and a regular-priced microchip (I hope that is any good) and two and a half hours of my evening gone.

Lesson learned.You get what you pay for.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Vaccination.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Way to impress a new client banefield. Lol this is so bad

25 years in vet med - never heard of a painkiller for a microchip. Rediculous...

Banfield Pet Hospital

Nursebnichols,

I am very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience.Regarding the charges, please let us know if you feel you were charged in error or if you did not agree to any of the charges before a service was provided.

We do require that all charges are agreed upon and approved with a signature prior to the service. Again, if you feel this did not happen, please call our Client Advocate Team at 877-500-2288.

In response to your concern toward FirstShieldâ„¢; Banfield chose to recommend the FirstShieldâ„¢ line of products as our preferred preventive because of qualities such as a faster ability to kill fleas without needing them to *** the Pet. It also protects against a broader spectrum of parasites. There are several different types of flea preventives available on the market, and each one works in a slightly different manner.

We feel that the decision on which flea or tick prevention is used should be a collaboration between you and your veterinarian, in order to help select the most appropriate product. As with many products applied to a Pet’s skin, there is the potential for your dog to experience irritation during or after the application, although this and other reactions are not very common.

If you feel that your Pet is experiencing irritation or a reaction to the product, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.Please gives us a call if you have any questions or if we can help.

Agreed...the "quote" was for $25...the rest were "hidden" costs. No excuse...another vet just taking advantage of owners that love their pets.

By profession I am an RN in an Emergency Room and our average wait time is 20 minutes in the waiting room...and we always keep our patients informed as to why there is a hold-up.The staff NEVER came in and explained the ridiculous delay and never apologized.

I understand that emergencies can happen, but I highly doubt this was this issue on this particular evening, and if it was there was none of the common courtesy that I practice in my profession of keeping patients informed.

In addition, I have issue about the price of the pain injection, not that they recommend it, and that they did not mention it in the price quote of $25.Banfield does NOT rock.

Have you seen the needle microchips are in?It would be inhumane to not give a pain injection.

As far as waiting goes, emergencies happen and you need to be patient.

Just like when you're at your doctor.Lakewood banfield rocks!!!