My dog has gotten great care at Banfield for over3 years. That being said - their customer service and billing offices are the worst.

The billing office has some of the rudest people that I have ever dealt with. You cannot no way no how cancel your policy - especially if it is not your renewal date. I was told that if I cancelled, I would have to still pay the 8 months left remaining on the contract. My bank account was breached, so I used a credit card that I kept for emergencies only to make a one time one month payment.

They have charged that card twice in a week. They won't return my calls, and won't even discuss a refund. We were under evacuation orders this past weekend because of the hurricane. Since they made unauthorized charges to my card, I had no money to buy gas to leave.

I am 69 and my husband is in a nursing home.

I get disability only now, and the plan is for my guard dog. These people don't care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Optimum Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Banfield Pet Hospital Pros: Staff.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Asked me to drop off my dog at 7am for dental cleaning.

Comments

You need to drop the pet off early for a dental cleaning so they can be ready when the Dr comes on. Pre-op blood work ran with results ready, arm shaved with catheter placed, decal/urine sample taken, standard medications ready to go home (flea and tick, heart worm, etc).

The Dr then works with the pet to sedate into anesthesia, do the procedure, and then recover the pet. This can take many hours and is done for multiple pets a day...

Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews