My dog was taken in after having a stroke.I believed that they where doing the right things.Until they took her from my family.They gave her a rehydrate called normosol-r knowing that she was having kidney failure.This is not the right drug to give a dog with kidney failure.It will cause pulmonary edema which is what she died from.They also gave her 3 100 ml of a anti inflammatory called ketoprofen. They only give a horse 100mls.This drug also shuts down the kidneys she was taken in June 22 died June 24 evlo.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

#319353

I am sorry for your loss. I have been around bulldogs for nearly thirty years and yours likely died from heat stroke. Ask any veterinarian what happens to the body when a dog gets heat stroke. Unfortunately, most die.

I honestly don't think anyone did anything wrong here. I doubt the veterinary board will find any negligence and I don't think that you are deserving of compensation.

Aside from that, I am sorry that your pet is gone and that you are hurting.

Most hospitals and vets do not understand the care and needs of bulldogs .they treat them like any other dog.When this happens you hear about the bullie passing away.When in need of a vet contact the BCA see what vet they recommend

UMM WHO HAS THE DVM IN VETERINARY MEDICINE THE DOCTOR DOES!!*** YOU FIRST OFF KNOW THAT YOU CHEMICALLY HAVE NORMASOL IN YOUR BODY IT IS PART OF YOUR CHEMICAL BALANCE!!

DOGS DO NOT SWEAT UNLIKE HUMANS THEY PANT SO THEY LOOSE HYDRATION, IN ORDER TO HYDRATE A DOG YOU MUST REPLACE THE NATURAL FLUIDS OF THE BODY! AS FAR AS HEAT STROKE GOES KETOPROFEN IS A FEVER REDUCER TO DROP A DOGS TEMPERATURE! OH YEA AND LET ME GUESS YOU WERE WALKING YOUR BULLDOG THAT WAS PROBABLY OVER WEIGHT (LIKE 90% OF THEM) IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER AND THE BULLDOG PROBABLY HAD STENOTIC NARES!!

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?IT IS NOT THE VETERIARIAN'S FAULT THE DOG DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY!!

normasol is an iv fluid therapy not a drug and they must have given ur bull dog 3 ml of ketoprofen and the concentration of the keto was 100mg/ml which is actually the correct dosage

Do you even know what Normosol-R is?! Normosol-R is a fluid that they give to pets, it IS NOT A DRUG.

Did you know that Ketoprofen is 100mg/ml? They probably gave your pet 3 injections of Ketoprofen. And, FYI, Ketoprofen does NOT cause kidney failure.

This is what sucks about these websites, is people like you that don't know the first thing about medicine. Your dog had a STROKE! And, you have an English Bulldog, a breed that is susceptible to strokes!

Oh, wait, I bet you meant that your dog had Heat Stroke, right?

we are completely upset with the hospital because the vet that did it is the owner...banfield should not let such a negligable person have their name associated with them.

they want to settle with us but i'm letting the state board handle it before we get any reimbursement which no amount of money could ever replace our baby.our main goal is that this guy never gets to touch another pet again.

I am so sorry for your loss.I think that it sucks that they prescribed you the wrong amount of medication.

The only thing is, is that it's not the hospitals fault it's the vet's fault. Don't blame Banfield for having a vet screw up. Believe me, I've been to my fair share of hospitals and I don't mind one of them but they have a doctor there that I think needs to be fired. I was supposed to be put on 100mg of Depakote and he gave me *1000*mg.

I was less than 100lbs. I almost died myself. Do I blame the entire hospital, no. Do I blame the *** doctor, you bet your butt I do.

Just a few words of advice.Again I'm so sorry for your loss.

i'm so sorry for your loss.you shoud sue them.

if it was me i would. get enough evidence and sue those people. just because they are license doesn't give them the right to give your dog that much. it sounds to be they don't know what the **** they are doing.

they should go back to school.hang in there, you'll be okay, god is with you.