1.7

DO NOT JUDGE HOW SKINNY SHE IS!!!!!! AS I SAID, SHE WASN'T KEEPING ANYTHING DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS, COULDN'T KEEP ON WEIGHT NO MATTER HOW MUCH OR OFTEN WE FED HER, AND WE HAD TRIED EVERYTHING BEFORE GOING TO THE SO CALLED VET!

DO NOT DARE SAY I AM A BAD PET OWNER FOR "LETTING" HER GET LIKE THIS! AGAIN, WE. TRIED. EVERYTHING.

I had heard mixed reviews from many people about this place but I wanted some help with my dog Ariel. She was 7 years old and hadn't been keeping down anything, or very little, and we wanted to help her. We went there to see if they could help her and we got her checked out... But they refused to do ANYTHING but just a physical...

ALL BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY AND WE COULDN'T GET CREDIT!!! My dog died a week later when she probably could have been saved if they had just helped her. I will NEVER EVER go back to that place. They killed my dog because we didn't have money to pay for the visit...

And they wouldn't let us pay in a couple days... DO NOT GO TO THIS EXCUSE OF AN ANIMAL HOSPITAL. THEY WON'T HELP YOUR ANIMAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS!!! (SHE WAS SKIN AND BONES AND THEY STILL DID NOT HELP HER!

LIKE HOW CRUEL CAN YOU GET TO NOT HELP AN ANIMAL IN PAIN LIKE THIS?! JUST BECAUSE THE CLIENT DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY DOES NOT MEAN YOU JUST SIT BACK AND LET THE ANIMAL SUFFER!)

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

I didn't like: Awful veterinary.

Comments

Maybe you should have taken her to the vet before she was skin and bones. that is neglect.

I have a great vet they let Make payments.

Columbus, Georgia, United States #1348613

I have definitely been where you are right now. It's a terrible place to be.

Ten yrs ago when I got my sweet Max, I wasn't so cash strapped. Thankfully, I have a wonderful vet that has helped us. Take a minute a read the reviews about this place. A previous Dr.

has written a review that tells says it all. They made 1.5 million dollars a mo. I think I could have given you two days to pay your bill. Your experience is so sad.

The very people there to help had no interest in helping at all. GREED!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

There are a lot of animal clinics that make you pay the day they do diagnositics...people doctors too. Can you just go to Walmart get some groceries and pay two weeks later?

Nope. I do not to judge you for your dog being skinny, things happen...life catches up I totally get that 100 percent. You took your dog in when you could and that's what you should have done.

However, vets base what should happen with sick pets on quality of life. If your dog was sick and couldn't hold anything down/eat then it did not have a good quality of life.

. If a vet gave away free diagnostics they wouldn't be able to keep the doors open.

If you can't afford a dog then you need to keep that in consideration before adopting or buying 1. I see this a lot at my clinic. Odd they didn't symptomatically treat or give fluids. Did you try care credit.

If you could t get that I'm shocked. My friend had declared bankruptcy 2 times and still got approved for 3500. Anyways. Maybe next time choose an non cooperate vet.

They lean a little more when it comes to cost. Banfield has great plans.

For like 30 a month. Sorry for you loss.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1312239

You really should be charged with animal cruelty for allowing your dog to get that thin before you took her in to a vet. If she is truly that sick, what you did was very cruel.

to Anonymous #1324522

Clearly you do not know how much it takes to be charged with animal cruelty. It takes a lot more than an animal being skinny.

AmberLUVSBTR
to Anonymous #1324661

you and everyone else does not realize that we actually tried everything we could. We tried feeding her more food, but she would just throw it up.

We tried feeding her more nutritious food, but again she would just throw it up. And when we took her to the vet, all they did was do a physical exam and we told them we didnt have the fund THAT DAY to be able to actually pay for it. but if they had let us wait till when we had funds, we could've afforded the blood work and test. Everyone is pointing the finger at us just because of how skinny she is, but guess what?

WE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET HER TO GAIN WEIGHT!!!! And i do mean everything (more than what i listed here) Just because she was skinny doesnt mean we let her get to that point on purpose. Stop pointing fingers at us when we tried everything we could.

Also, to everyone else pointing fingers, calling me a bad pet owner or whatever, shut up. read this comment and actually read what i said.

do no judge me because i am not a finacially stable person. I had her before i needed to take her to the vet (she was a very healthy dog before this) so all of you saying that I should've saved up for her health, or bought a payment plan or whatever, you need to know that banfield does not give you an affordable plan.

oh and if your credit is ***, you don't get help. so get off my back already.

duck272
to AmberLUVSBTR Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States #1326942

No one here is saying that you were intentionally starving her or that you were forcing her to lose weight. What people are saying is that if you cannot afford to care for your dog, it is not fair to your dog to keep her, and it is not fair to blame the veterinarian, either.

If she is not eating and is losing weight, and the only way to figure out the cause is blood work that you cannot afford, then the humane response would be to A: find someone to cover the cost, whether that's a family member, friend, GoFundMe page, etc.; or, B: relinquish her to someone who can actually afford a dog.

When you took her in, you took on the responsibility of caring and providing for her. Not her vet. You. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that all of her needs are met, whether that's food, toys, supplies, or--yes--vet bills.

And frankly, if you're a financially unstable person (as you claim to be), then you should not have gotten a dog to begin with. Dogs are expensive, and health problems can occur at anytime. Think of all the times you've gotten sick out of the blue, despite being perfectly healthy.

Dogs get sick (sometimes seriously so), just like people do. It's not rocket science.

to duck272 Norfolk, Virginia, United States #1331107

Vets have to pay for licensing fees, insurance, rent, employees wages, materials, etc. It is a business, not a charity.

The Vet's children need to eat and be provided for. How would you like to go to work and be told, "Sorry, you're not getting paid this week. We can't afford it.

Now, get to work."

I don't have a pet because I cannot afford it. Period.

to duck272 #1357585

THANK YOU FOR A SANE, NON-EMOTION RIDDEN/DRIVEN RESPONSE. it may sound cruel to pet owners that cannot afford to be pet owners, however it's the grim truth and these types NEED to hear it.

to AmberLUVSBTR #1330306

I have been in your shoes before. It's unfortunate that your dog had to suffer.

My dog disappeared before I could take him in because I knew it was time. He was almost 17 years old. I had to wait because I didn't have to money either. At the time I was making $.25 over minimum wage.

This does not make me or you bad pet owners. I'm sure you miss your family member as much as I miss my old dog. Don't let these haters rent space in your head.

You know you did absolutely everything you knew to do it doesn't matter what anyone says. Your dog knows who loved him/her.I know my dog did.

to Lucy #1330384

Amber here... Thank you for being so kind...

I have reread some of the comments and realize how ridiculous they... I know she loved me... Even in her last few hours she used all her strength to come lay with me, which is the picture shown... She was the sweetest dog I've ever had and I would never have hurt her intentionally...

She meant the world to me. I am glad to hear someone has been in a situation like this before.

I am very sorry for your loss as well. Our dogs are happy still in heaven :) just remember you can see your dog when you get there.

to AmberLUVSBTR #1357654

Amber, I think, half these comments, are, from, Banfi employees. I have dealt with them, in the past.

They suck, as, vetrinarians.Prozine, for ,animals, from, chewy, is, one product, that has enzymes, to, put weight, on, animals, that, can't seem to, break down,the food, no matter, how much they eat. It works, well. Also, Banfield, is an expert, at, ringing up charges and, giving , they're opinions, ***. One thing, for, sure, You don;t need, these, insulting comments, I can understand, you're situation.

The *** with, these critics. You did your.re best, and, dont need this garbage.

to AmberLUVSBTR #1445734

You could have surrendered her to a shelter for help. I will not feel bad that you didn't have the money when there are a lot of other options.

Banfield is not a "low cost clinic" or even an emergency vet.

They are a preventative care vet. You could have tried another vet also.

to Anonymous #1331761

oh, grow up! what you did...or lack of what u did is deplorable!

duck272
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States #1310467

Way to be melodramatic-- they didn't KILL your dog; your lack of financial planning for your pet ultimately led to her death. The unfortunate reality is that veterinarians simply can't eat the cost of every animal that comes into their care needing treatment that their owners can't afford.

It is for each individual pet owner to figure out what they're going to do should their pet become ill and require treatment-- whether that's saving up in a bank account for their pet's healthcare, purchasing insurance, purchasing a wellness plan (such as Banfield's), etc.

Additionally, how in the world you let her get that thin, I have no idea. I know you said not to mention it, but I have to bring it up.

You are absolutely a bad owner if you let her get that bad and didn't take her to a vet for, as a you said, a few weeks. She should have seen a vet once the problem first appeared.

Corona, California, United States #1310224

How cruel are you to not have money saved up for your dog! That's part of responsible pet ownership.

You "tried everything" except getting proper medical care for your dog. You couldn't pay for bloodwork, so you likely couldn't pay for treatment either. Who should foot that bill? The vet who is hundreds of thousands of dollars in educational debt?

The vet techs who barely make more than minimum wage? Do you really think vet hospitals can afford to treat all the sick pets whose owners can't afford treatment? If you had such bad credit that you can't credit, what makes you think the hospital should extend you credit? Vet hospitals aren't banks.

You say they wouldn't let you pay in a couple days, but she died a WEEK later. So why didn't you go back in a couple days when you supposedly could have paid? I understand that not everyone can afford to save their animals when they get sick, and that's unfortunate, but that's a part of life. If you have an animal, you have to financially plan for it.

If you are so strapped that you can't afford basic care, you have to reconcile that with yourself and not blame others. I'm not saying that cash strapped people shouldn't own pets, but they should realize the limitations their own financial situation creates.