I took my 18 week old Siberian Husky to Banfield to be chipped, and he came out with PARVO.He died 9 days later.

They admitted he could have contacted it in their hospital, but accepted no responsibly. They also refused to treat him without payment, which I had to put out to a Pet Emergency Hospital 2 days before. No money, treatment for your dog. Not even any compassion, they let my dog die, and they could have been the cause.

I even offered to pay if I could have paid in a few payments, but OH *** NO!

I am on a fixed income, so I had to watch my dog pass away.Sure they are the place that quotes: "We treat you like family"

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

Same thing happened to my dog went in for phiromitosis surgery and came out with parvo he died four days later

I agree that while this is very sad, Banfield is a business and has enormous overhead costs to operate.Concider that many of the Banfield employees (yes even the vets) are also on a "fixed income".

Would you do your job for no pay whenever anyone came to your company with a sad situation and didn't have the money to pay for your services? Probably not.

There are avenues you could have pursued, such as Care Credit, which is a low or no interest (depending on the amount and how quickly you intend to pay it off) credit card specifically for medical care, both for expenses your medical insurance will not cover for yourself and veterinary care for your pet.Banfield also has charitable funds for special cases when owners can't pay, though I don't know that your dog would have qualified, as parvo is a pretty grim prognosis, regardless of the numerous places he could have picked it up.

Your dog at 18 weeks should have been fully vaccinated for parvo.Even though vaccination is not 100% perfect it's pretty darn close.

Also, parvo is literally EVERYWHERE... so the clinic is not to be blamed for your pet getting it. Pets are a luxury we love but they do cost money. Vet clinics are a business with rent to pay, expensive equipment to purchase and maintain, and trained technical staff to pay not to mention the doctors with their insane student loans.

They can not keep their doors open by giving out services and treatment. Most clinics don't do payments because people are really terrible about making those payments which ruins it for everyone. But that is what credit cards are for or borrowing from friends and family. Can't get a credit card or a loan from family?

But you expect a business who doesn't know you to lend you money without a credit check? Does that even make sense? Your dog died because of your poor planning and exposure to a really terrible, but preventable, disease.

Please do not get another dog until you can afford one and have a little more knowledge.Also, get pet insurance.

to really #1030947

Works for Banfield

ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES.BANFIELD DOES NOT CARE FOR YOUR PET.

WHETHER THE DOG GOT THE PARVO THERE OR NOT THEY STILL DIDN'T CARE. THE ONLY THING THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR MONEY AND AS LONG AS THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT IT OUT THEY DON'T CARE. DOGS ARE NOT TREATED LIKE FAMILY. I KNOW THEY STRANGLED MY DOG.

SO ENJOY AND GET REAL.THEY ARE NOT AT ALL ANY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO.

meowysmiling

I am a big supporter of pet insurance : )

Best wishes to all involved~

meowysmiling

Was the dog vaccinated for parvo prior to going into the hospital?Parvo...even when caught early and with the BEST treatment available...is over 50% fatal.

That's why you vaccinate for it.....3 times with the DHLPPC vaccine. Even then, he can't be protected 100%.

It's no one's fault.Parvo is easily contracted by puppies...it honestly could have happened ANYWHERE.

Ridiculous.Parvovirus is ubiquitous.

That's why you vaccinate for it.

It's nobody's fault - no vaccine provides 100% immunity in 100% of patients 100% of the time.Sorry about your dog, but it's hardly their fault.

they said and you said they might have been the cause...dont blame them. fixed income. what about a credit card if you love him that much.

JamesRoudon

Vets take an OATH, much like a doctors OATH to prevent suffering of animals. Therefore they SHOULD be compassionate and not put the almighty dollar before doing what they CLAIM to be there for. SHAME on any of you that defends a vet for wanting MONEY over helping pets.