Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My dog was lethargic and having trouble standing up. He was also having diarrhea, panting excessively and could not stop drinking water.

I was very concerned but I was very broke financially. After researching on the net I decided I would try to find a vet that was reasonably priced. I saw the coupon for a free office visit so I made an appointment at Bani-field Animal Hospital located in Pet Smart. The assistant and vet seemed very professional and concerned.

They gave me my options regarding running the necessary tests and were very aware of my financial situation. They appeared to be working with me. The original estimate for blood tests was over $300.00. Then the estimate for the "essential" blood tests was reduced to $207.00, so I agreed.

After finding an elevated liver count they came in and hit me with another $200.00 for medicine. Granted they told me this was an estimate and naturally I had a choice, but I could not bare to watch my dog die. So I asked the assistant if I could purchase the medicines on the Internet to save money. She said no way.

They would not be available, or if they were they would cost more.

After getting home and goggling the medications I come to find them at more half the price.

I guess I should have goggled the medications on the Internet before I left the office.

I just hope that the blood results were accurate and my dog gets well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

#382062

Thank you for providing this feedback. We apologize if a visit to one of our hospitals did not meet your expectation.

We strive to provide our clients and their pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit.

If you would like to address your concerns please give our Client Advocate Team a call so we can gather more information about your visit. The number is 877-500-2288, thank you.

So heres the deal, if your dog is that sick then you probably need to get the medicine ASAP! Just be greatful they were willing to work with you.