Jacksonville, Florida

BANFIELD PET HOSPITAL

FIRST EXPOSURE

April 30, 2013 we brought Sammy in for an ear infection/initial examination by Dr. Jennifer Pallozzi, DVM/CHIEF OF STAFF. We thought she was professional, and she appeared to be quite knowledgeable, at least to this layman. An associate presented (in high pressure fashion) heavy attention to our dog’s health care and the expense we would save if we accepted a $32/month plan for his health care, which we signed. Additionally, we paid $180 for exam, meds, injection, fecal sample and “membership fee.”

May 6, 2013 we brought our dog back for the scheduled follow-up visit for blood work and teeth cleaning. We were advised that kidney, liver and calcium levels were elevated. (This writer is aware that antibiotics and steroids will elevate these levels.) Personnel there further recommended innumerable numbers of tests - to be conducted immediately and at our expense.

BOTTOM LINE

HIGH PRESSURE SCARE TACTICS. I advised the staff that I would be taking my pet home now. The manager advised that I could not do that at this time…???!!! Infuriated, I demanded that our dog be released to me immediately. That demand was met with more resistance. Only when I threatened to call the police - with cell phone in hand, did the manager go and fetch our dog. I told them that I would not be back, to cancel the contract, and that I would not be paying them anything in addition to $180 I had already paid.

We intend to entrust our pet’s care to the veterinarians connected with Jacksonville Humane Society, 8464 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32215. (Client # 6826)

Signed on to site, “no records found.”

Therefore we will request that all medical records be faxed to: Jax Humane Society (904) 404-3499, Client # 6826.

John C Eddy

Cell: 561-236-0368

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments