Milbank, South Dakota

My 1 yr old pup was attacked by another dog.Even though she was walking and acting fine they pressed me to do exploratory surgery because the teeth marks were deep.

Banfield first gave me an estimate of $200 (What the health plan didnt cover) It ballooned up to over $1200 after they kept pressing me to do more and more. When I expressed concern for the costs they told me to go borrow $ from friends, family, or get my credit limit upped. They didnt give me instructions on how to care for her and I therefore didnt do it correctly and the infection was rampant. I finally pressed them for step by step demo of how to care for the wounds and they told me to pretty much plan on another surgery at the next visit so I should start trying to get $ from my friends.

My question is: why did they have to cut her sooooo much? 45 staples to close her for a few deep teeth marks and she didn't even have any internal damage for them to fix - it was just exploratory! Now when I protest their need for more surgery to re-insert the drains (that never should have been removed due to the steady amount of drainage she had at the time) because I wanted to try the antibiotics a little longer because she has nearly stopped oozing from her wounds now that I am cleaning her correctly - the vet nearly got hung up on. She wont even listen to my concerns she just talks to me like I am four.

I am actively seeking a second opinion even though my magic wellness plan is only half over.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

I just noticed: my profile shows that I am from Milbank, SD.Actually, it should read: Spfld IL.

Anyway, the new vet said Molly looks great and is well on her way to healing. No new unnecassary surgery! :)

It was sweet relief to be able to cancel Molly's next appt. w/ Banfield and tell them we weren't coming back.

I could've been nasty and rude like Dr. S. but the receptionist was always nice to me so I played it cool.

You get more flies with honey than vinegar Dr S.- So Long!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi, Mommy31 –

I hope your puppy is recovering from her infection – I’m sorry to hear about her wounds. I understand your frustration and concern and am sorry you and your puppy went through such a stressful situation. We strive to provide exceptional customer service, and when we miss the mark, we appreciate your honest opinion about your experience with us.

After reading your feedback, we would like to speak with you directly to gather more information. If you are willing, would you please consider calling the Banfield Customer Advocate Team, toll-free, at 877-500-2288 so we can help right this? We’d like to talk with you about your experience.

Sincerely,