4.0

The puppy wellness plan has some financial advantages and some financial disadvantages depending on the medical services your NEW puppy may require.

The wellness plan does cover the cost of scheduled office visits and the puppy's routine shots. i.e DHPP (distemper, hepatitis and parvo) usually given in a series of 3 to 4 injections over a period of several weeks and a - 1 year Rabies vaccination & a general check up each visit. Also included in the wellness plan is spaying or neutering of your puppy however, Banfield prefers to spay and neuter prior to the puppy reaching 6 months of age and not exceeding 50 Lbs in weight as there will be an extra charge for a puppy/dog in excess of 50 Lbs.

Prior to signing up for the wellness plan. You need to consider the overall cost and actual medical coverage you'll be paying for upfront. Remember, the plan has limited medical coverage and any other medical procedures, RX medications will be an additional charge.

In so far as medications go. You have a choice where you purchase your medications from. i.e flea & tick, hart worm and general RX meds. You are not required to purchase any of these items from Banfield. You just need to ask the vet to write you a prescription or tell the vet you'll have the RX called into him/her for approval. Many general RX medications are a lot less expensive if purchased from your local pharmacy or pet supply company i.e Foster/Smith or KV Pet Supplies as opposed to purchasing these items directly from the vet. Especially when it comes to flea & Tick and Heart Worm meds. The pet supply companies offer a variety of brands and price ranges on these items. Keep this option in mind and you may very well save a lot of extra out of pocket expenses at Banfield.

Also call a few of your local vet's and ask what they charge for spaying and neutering. I was quoted spay/neuter prices ranging from $275.00 to $350.00 And keep in mind many of your local county and community animal control and shelters offer discounted spay/neuter clinical services as well. Some as low as $75.00 to $100.00

So before signing up for any pet wellness insurance plan. Do your home work, ask questions and weigh the overall costs and coverage's.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Banfield Pet Hospital. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Banfield Pet Hospital to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was wellness plan and treatment of pet and exploitation of services. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Banfield Pet Hospital wellness plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments