Beware before you purchase the Banfield Wellness Plan.They will tell you that you get unlimited "free" office visits, however when you go in they double charge for everything else to make up for this.

They mark up their prescriptions over 400%, you can get he same thing at Walmart for 1/10th of the cost. Secondly, they claim with this plan that you get a 10% discount on all services, however my son does not have the plan and he took his dog in to have the same thing as mine and he was charged the same as I was so I did not get the 10% discount as promised. They also put expiration dates on the labels they put on their medications that are 6 months earlier then the manufacturer date stamped right on the product causing people to toss these items and purchasing more long before it is necessary. To top it all off, I called them today telling them my dog needed emergency surgery.

I called at 9:00 a.m., they told me they would call the surgeon and return a call to me, it is now 5:18 p.m. and they still haven't called me back.

Fortunately I was able to find a competent vet to take care of my precious English Bulldog.I would strongly advise against the Banfield Wellness Plan and using their so-called vets.

Review about: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Had an Experience with Banfield Pet Hospital?

Comments

I also have the Bain field Wellness plan

Is useless!!! every time I have taken my dogs in they always have some extra charges to add on.

All the time there wellness plan should have been helpful it was useless and expensive.

one of my dogs got hurt, I took her to Bain filed they charged me for x-rays and what ever else they could think of.. I got a free office visit lol; however my wellness plan did not cover x-rays and other *** I ended up paying $300. Then they tell me to go somewhere else for a surgery!!!

I take her to another vet they cant see the x-rays end up paying $250 dollars for another X-ray and being forced to get her fixed early, then being informed that my dogs leg is not broke!!! contact ban field no one has an answer as to why I was lied to.

Now my other dog is sick, I take her in get my "free office visit" then they call saying they will do blood work or x-ray rays for an additional $300 because this is not covered under my wellness plan!!!! they have the nerve to tell me I can take her to a cheaper vet, Why and the *** am I paying this monthly wellness plan when its useless!!! When pet medical insurance should come in to do its job its just a RIPOFF!!!!!

to S***YLEE #742388

it's not insurance - it's a WELLNESS plan. It only covers PREVENTIVE medicine like vaccines and routine bloodwork and other yearly diagnostics.

to anon #825244

Anon, you are one of their *** nurses leave people alone! Banfield is a scam!

Who waits hours when your dog needs emergency surgery? You take your dog to an emergency vet! That is their sole purpose!

Mimi2005 - Their contract doesn't cover their incompetence to contact a surgeon when I made it clear my dog needed immediate surgery (did you not read my entire review?), and it also doesn't tell you that they will charge you astronomical prices on prescriptions to cover what we think is a "free" office visit.I'm happy it's working for you and your pets, just hope that you never have anything life threatening with them that you will need to count on Banfield to handle.

Don't know how my review is "subjective", it's honest, straight to the point and outlines exactly what happened.

The only mistake I made was to not check online reviews prior to purchasing as their are thousands of poor reviews and very few positive ones.Guess you're one of the few lucky ones, for now anyway!

It sounds like you should have done more research before signing a contract. Your review seems very subjective. I've had my 5 pets on wellness plans since 2008 & I haven't had any problems at any of the 4 Banfield's I've visited.

I was contacted by the local representative from Banfield who could only give me excuses as to why they failed to contact me the day my dog needed surgery.She then told me they couldn't have done it that day anyway leaving me to wonder why they didn't tell me that at 9:00 a.m.

when I called the first time.

She then continued to make excuses telling me that they don't even have a surgeon and their vets aren't capable of doing this surgery (all of the other vets I called could do it, that says a lot about what they consider a vet).

Her only resolve was to take one month off of my plan ($31.95), that's what I get for them causing my dog to suffer with possible blindness and failing to call me about surgery that was necessary for him to live through the day.Unbelievable, please love your pet enough to not take them to a Banfield Pet Hospital, it could be the difference of life or death for your pet.

Lisa, I called the number above, after holding for over 10 minutes someone finally took my call and told me they needed to transfer to yet another person.I held again for several minutes only to voice my complaint and be told that someone would contact me in 3-5 business days.

You just wasted another 20 minutes of my time, I think this says it all, Banfield's customer service and relations team delivers the same poor service that your hospital delivers. Furthermore, when I picked my dog up I found that he is almost blind because your vets have been treating his eye problem with the wrong medication.

They told me they would need to perform a very expensive test to do anything further.Two other vets said they could do a $30 test to get the same diagnosis, hopefully they caught this in time and my dog won't go blind because of the incompetence of what your perception of a veterinarian is.

Dear Banfield online community manager,

You do not understand the frustration. You are being paid by wellness plan revenue.

Banfield Pet Hospital

Hi Mommabrown316 – I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the commitment required of an Optimum Wellness Plan, and I am thankful that you voiced your concerns.We understand your frustration and would like the opportunity to further understand what happened.

If you would like to give us further information, please reach out to our Wellness Plan Relations Team at 866-894-7927 or WellnessPlanRelations(at)banfield(dot)net.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and let us know.Most sincerely, Lisa Banfield Online Community Manager