Greenville, North Carolina

I signed up for the wellness plan for my new puppy not realizing what I was really getting into because I had a child and another dog with me at the time while being talked into this plan before my pet was even fully taken care of. This was the main focus by Banfield the whole appointment.

I have called to inform them that my puppy was hit by a car and is now dead and they are still forcing me to pay off the entire balance of their plan. It went from a little over $300 owing from a call to them this week to over $400 plus in conversation with another representative who called me today.

I wish I had never let them *** me into this plan and will NEVER go back to them again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Billing after canceling.

Comments

I like the clown who says you signed up for a contract and tough luck - you are incorrect, they charge for services not rendered. Trust me, they tried with me and i made it a mission to call until they removed the charges.

Instead of being a outhouse attorney, maybe #1162411 should devote some time to ethics and good business practice.

@Anonymous

You're the one who is incorrect. Seeing as I worked there for 6yrs, I think I know a little of what I'm talking about.

The WELLNESS plan is NOT insurance.

They are not charging for services you have not used. When you cancel before the year is up, you either pay the remainder of the months you owe OR the services you've already used (at cost) whichever is CHEAPER.

If you're on a plan and have paid 4mo worth of payments (roughly $160 depending on the plan) but you've used multiple office visits (normally $40-$50), bloodwork (roughly $150-$200), vaccines ($20-$35 EACH vaccine), deworming ($15-$20) etc.

You have used over $800 worth of services (when even the highest plan is $500 for the year. So there goes everyone who says it doesn't save money, since you save on office visits alone ) but you've only paid $160. That's not right.

They deserve to be paid.

So no, it's not unethical.

The reason for the contract is because of those people who will be on, for example, a puppy plan and only pay 4mo of payments, yet they use multiple office visits, all vaccines plus boosters, fecal, deworming and the spay/neuter, then try to cancel.

In fact, my ex's mom tried to do that when she signed up on a plan that included a dental (her cat needed 8 extractions, she paid less than $200 when it would have been over $900 at a private practice for all the work she needed. She saved because of the plan and my vet not charging for every tooth) but after the dental was done, she only had paid 2mo of payments (total $65) and wanted to cancel just because.

Same experience. I wish more people read this

I do not work for banfield anymore but did for years. You signed a 1yr contract.

In the contract it states that if you cancel before the year is up, for whatever reason, you either pay the remainder of the months you owe or the services you've already used (at regular cost ) whichever is cheaper. It's NOT insurance so they aren't charging for services you haven't used.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. But you signed the contract.

People need to read what they sign.

They didn't force you to sign up on the plan. They don't and can't make anyone sign up. If you were that overwhelmed at the first appt with a kid and another dog, then you should have waited to sign/talk about it again, until the next appt. All you had to do was tell them you need to think it over.

In fact, if someone comes back within 72hrs of the visit and signs up on the plan, the money you paid at the visit for things that would have been included in the plan, goes towards the membership fee and first mo payment (which is what you pay the day of sign up).

rollo2016

Read the contract you signed and it will tell you what your obligations are regarding payments. These "plans" are never worth it, by the way.