Denver, Colorado

I brought my dear freind of 12 years to Banfield Pet Hospital in Tukwila, Washington. I brought her in because she had sniffles and constipation.

Before anything happened I was given an "estimate" I had to sign before my friend was seen by a vet. I did so and gave my friend to the vet for treatment. The vet gave her a shot and an enema without doing any kind of testing or x-rays. They hussled me out the door because it was closing time.

The next day my friend was alot worse and could not move well or respond to my caring. I rushed her back to the hospital where I was given another "estimate" to see the vet. Again I signed fearful that something was seriously wrong (up to this point I had no idea of the incompetence of the medical staff there). This time blood work and xrays were taken.

They showed me the xrays and asked if I wanted to procede. I wanted my friend well and said yes. They did somehting and rushed me out the door again. The next morning my friend was dying.

I rushed her back to the hospital where they again gave me an "estimate" and told me that it didnt look good and I should prepare myself...she died in their care...from sniffles and constipation.

And they wanted to give me an "estimate"...Never again will I go to a Banfield Pet Hospital. They killed my friend with incompetency.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

@ Banfield Pet Hospital rep:

"Without understanding of the medical condition of your pet" That said it right there. They treated an animal with no understanding of her medical condition.

That was the whole point.

I agree with 12. Somehow Banfields everywhere need to be shut down.

catlover981

what I want to share with you is that you did nothing wrong! I know the deep regret and guilt that one may feel as I felt it myself with taking my cat to Banfield Santa Cruz, CA for a dental (recommended by Dr.

Smith) and had asked about getting an ear cleaning.

My cat is 12-13 years old, overweight and no risks were ever spoken to me about her age, weight or risk associated with ear cleaning..when cat came home he was falling all the way over, running into things, could not walk straight, could not jump, and eye symptoms consistent with horner's syndrome...instead of getting better he got worse and would not eat or drink and had to force feed him..the emotions I experienced were so traumatic to both watch him with suffering and to feel guilty for bringing him to Banfield but I was told it was not my fault and although it does not help with grief of loss, there is no reason for you to feel any guilt...you simply did not know and did not do this..YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!!! YOU DID NOT DO THIS!!!

Banfield took a geriatric animal they had no records for and treated her without any diagnostic testing at all. It is that initial treatment that cascaded into the death of my friend.

Without those diagnostic tests (xray, bloodwork,lab work, etc) there was no way for Banfield to determine the appropriate procedures to ensure the safety and health of my friend and companion. :(

The xray taken on the second visit showed her entire bowel crammed full from the material that the enema broke loose but didn't evacuate. So they gave her another enema in a system that was already at breaking point introducing pressure her system could not take and sent me home with her.

She never recovered from the anesthesia. I carried her in as soon as I could but it was too late. AND THEY WANTED TO GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE BEFORE THEY WOULD SEE HER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY CAUSED THE PROBLEM AND WANTED TO GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE ON SAVING HER LIFE! WHAT MONEY GRUBBING GHOULS!!!!!

Banfield Pet Hospital

Keithmorg,

We want to be diligent in addressing your experience, so we are going to have our team look into this for you and reach out to you directly. We will contact you early next week.

What did the blood and urinalysis reveal on the second visit?? Number 1 reason for a 12 year old cat to be constipated is dehydration (usually secondary to kidney failure).

Kidney failure is diagnosed from the blood and urinalysis...

If the treatment plan/estimate was generated before the DVM touched the cat id be concerned.

The technician is NOT NOT NOT allowed to diagnose/practice medicine. This is a BIG NO NO.

They gave her to vet assistAnts because she didn't look like anything was wrong! She was not "sick" looking.

She was healthy looking and very responsive. UNTIL BANFIELD WAS DONE WITH HER THEN SHE WAS DEAD. ONLY TOOK THEM LESS THAN 48HRS FROM THEIR CARE TO BEING DEAD. SHE EXIBITED NO OTHER SICKNESS OTHER THAN SNIFFLES.

THEY DIDN'T TAKE XRAYS OR BLOODWORK OR URINALYSIS. THEY JUST KILLED HER.

Banfied hospital treated my pet with shots and enemas without doing any diagnostic work on her at all. No bloodwork, no xrays, not even as far as I can tell, took her temperature.

WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM AND OUT THE DOOR WITH YOUR DYING CAT. SHE ONLY HAD SNIFFLES AND CONSTIPATION. The constipation was really bad but...

BANFIELD HOSPITAL TREATED HER WITHOUT ANY DIAGNOSTIC WORK DONE. NO XRAYS OR BLOODWORK UNTIL THE SECOND TIME I BROUGHT HER IN AS SHE WAS DYING OF THEIR FIRST VISIT.

I HAVE THE "ESTIMATE" SHEETS PROVING THIS, SO LAWYER UP BANFIELD. I AM COMING AFTER YOU!

I hav their "diagnostic estimate" sheet. When I first went in she was taken by "team" of vet assistants.

She was given 2 injections and an enema WITHOUT ANY BLOODWORK OR XRAYS BEING TAKEN. THE SHEET STATES THAT THEY WERE SUPERVISED BY A VET BUT THE VET DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. They sent her home. The enema they gave her burst her colon.

When I came back the next day with her 10 times worse they finally took bloodwork and x-rays. That's when they showed me what was wrong and gasses in her gut. They asked ME what they wanted me to do and I said I wanted her well, I wanted her to be saved. I AM NOT THE GODDAM VET AND TO ASK ME WHAT TO DO IS ***.

THAT ONLY TAKES THE ONUS FROM THE VET WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AND PUTS IT IN THE HANDS OF NON MEDICAL PERSONELL. SHE DIED THE NEXT MORNING.

IF I HADN'T BROUGHT HER TO BANFIELD SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

I am taking this and all the documentation to the State Veteranarian Board. YOU KILLED MY PARTNER, FRIEND, AND COMPANION, NOT SOME ORDINARY PET.

Banfield Pet Hospital

@Keithmorg,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I know it is extremely difficult to lose a good friend.

Without understanding the medical condition of your pet, I cannot speak to the care that was recommended and provided.

However, I would like to direct you to our Client Advocate Team where you can discuss the care of your pet and address any concerns.

The number to call is 877-500-2288. Thank you.

Usually, a 12 year old cat with illness should have blood work and a urinalysis done. Was this advised for your cat?

Id be concerned that an estimate was presented to you before the cat was examined by a licensed veterinarian. The veterinarians physical exam findings will dictate what diagnostics and treatments are best for the cat. Did the technician diagnose constipation? It sounds as though that might have been the case. Only a veterinarian is allowed to diagnose...

If you feel as though the pets care was not adequate, i would contact the state board of veterinary medicine in your state.