1.8

The only reason that I am giving them 2 stars is because the last vet that saw my dog actually cared and followed-up with me and kept in informed every step of the way. I used Banfield for my baby girl because I found it convenient because we traveled a lot, and there are Banfields across the country.

For injections, they're fine. My girl was raw-fed because of all of her allergies. I did not appreciate all of the lectures and attitudes of the employees there. When my girl got sick, they took blood samples.

10 days later, I am literally at my wits end because I had been calling almost daily for an update while watching my baby girl deteriorate before my eyes. The receptionist is incompetent and did not have anyone at any time return my calls regarding the blood analysis. When I was finally able to get her in, the vet took her in and ran some more blood tests. She immediately (within a few hours) informed me that she highly recommends that I take my baby girl to the hospital because she may need a blood transfusion.

The manager there is a joke. I thanked her and rushed my baby to the hospital where she did undergo a blood transfusion, but she was also diagnosed with acute and aggressive leukemia. She only lived the weekend. She needlessly suffered by weeks because the employees at Banfield would not be bothered to follow-up, and they just wanted her to keep taking antibiotics for an unknown illness.

I work in the medical field, and I know that it does NOT take 10 days to receive negative results. The vets were always either in surgery or with a patient, but not ever were they or anyone able to call me with the results. I never received a card or anything from them when I lost my baby girl, but they continued to take money from my account for her contract. I will NEVER use Banfield again.

When my girl was alive and well and even when she was very ill and weak at the end, she refused and fought me whenever I had to bring her in. At the hospital, she did not fight me at all to enter or leave the hospital (when I took her outside). I sincerely hope that this does not happen to anyone else. I sincerely hope that this location teaches their employees to have true empathy and actually care for the animals and people that pass there, and for there to be a follow through with the care of those entrusted to them.

To the last vet that saw my baby girl, Thank you very much for being honest with me and actually caring. To the rest, I would not wish any of your pets or family to be treated the way my girl and I was by the rest of you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Preferred solution: I want the team/employees to care or hire new people that actually care..

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Lying staff, False promises.

Comments