I took my 17 mo old Papillion to Banfield Vet on 3/3/11, he was in good health, per the documentation I have. All he needed was a Rabies shot. He got his Rabie shot, but also other shots he did not need.
The sold me Worm Shield for a Heart worm preventative, he weighs no more than 10 lbs. He was up-to-date on all of his other shots. I took the documentation from the vets and vet tech (who is the breeder) and I was informed because he puppy shots were not administered by a Vet they could not accept them. So they gave him Bordetella, Distemper/Parvo/DAPP and Rabies. I was also told I have to bring him back for a booster shot in 3 weeks. I had no problem with the Bordetella, as he does go to a groomer at Petsmart and I knew that was for Kennel Cough.
On 3/17/11 I did take him back to get his booster Distemper/Parvo/DAPP like I was asked to do. The next day 3/18/11 I gave him his Heartworm Pill,(wormshield) for up to 25 lbs. Within 15 mins he was dead.
It has been researched that Under NO situation, or any animal should be give any Ivermectin product for at least 2 weeks after the last vaccine.
MSU states that because he was administered that ingredient is why he died.
I had read the instructions thoroughly and there is no place that it is or was stated that there should be a waiting period from vaccines to taking this product. The Vet didn't even say anything when she gave me the tablets. There is no warning on this product, nor would I have known about this except for the research that was done to confirm the death.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Worm Shield
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "Elvis was seen on 9/22 for a urinary blockage, Dr. Singh informed us Elvis would die if we didnâ€™t have the blockage removed and refused to put him to sleep..."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "Sandeep packers are not reliable service. They are not at all professional. They don't stand by their promises. I have to move from Pune to Chennai, first they said the..."
- "Had horrible hotel experience at DAYS INN ALANTIC CITY OCEANFRONT-BOARDWALK (3000 Boardwalk At Morris Ave Atlantic City NJ 08401. Their rooms tempature are kept at a freezer status. Which they..."
- "I bought the WeatherTech digital floor mats for my 2011 BMW 335i convertible. After waiting a few weeks, I received them. When I tried to install, one of the floor..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."