Mcallen, Texas
1.8

As soon as I got there the techs and the doctors put a lot of pressure to sell their expensive products and services. They add a lot of unnecessary tests and fees to make the bill go up.

My bill was $400 for the super CBC test, disposal fees, they added a cherry syrup to mix the medication, the antibiotics, and 2 vaccines. That was only half of what my dog "needed". They scheduled my dog in 3 weeks to charge the visit again, and the Dr wanted to hospitalize my dog to "observe"her and charge hospitalization fees, and to "monitor" how she tolerated that heart worm pill and some medication to prevent reaction etc, etc for a total of another $200 I feel that place is a rip-off and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Please, before you take your pet to any pet doctor, do some research and read the reviews.

Product or Service Mentioned: Banfield Pet Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Banfield Pet Hospital Cons: Overcharging for services, Exploitation of services.

Comments

Was your pet diagnosed with heartworm disease?

I'm so sorry yet again sone1 else had to go thru this horrible experience !!

I really wish the FDa would investigate this company !!

It's not as though there's not enough complaints here to get their attention fr their help !!

FDA can u please help us consumers w this issues and other issues as this 1 !!!

Help help help !!!

@Anonymous

HELP HELP HELP. Are you seriously crying for help, when the Vet is just doing their job?

In order to properly treat your pet a blood panel needs to be performed to check the levels of the internal organ functions, before ANY medications can be prescribed, disposal fees can not be waived, nor should they. Cherry syrup is used to help with the chalky and extremely unpleasant taste of the medication so the pet can actually keep it down.

If your pet has never had a Heart worm test, vaccinations, blood work, fecal exam, deworming, urinalysis. These are all services that will be recommended because they are BASIC care necessities.

davis.linda13
@Justicar

My cat jumped for our second story, and I took her immediately to the vet. With everything, including observation fee, it was 200.

This included medication, vet check, X-rays, and observation. I have no doubt it would be double at Banfield.

There is normal fees, and ripping people off. Banfield rip people off big time, and most of the time seriously pad their bill by adding everything possible.

davis.linda13
@Justicar

Oh, and my cat is a Bengal, and Banfield charges more for hybrid cats. My vwt does not, and the vet tech was able to take x-rays without sedation.

I think it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard charging more for hybrid cats! Like I said, my vet is not a parasite like Banfield, sucking the life blood out of his customers.