Austin, Texas

FIRST I MUST SAY HOW TERRIBLE SORRY I AM FOR ALL OF THE PAIN AND SORROW I JUST READ ABOUT. MY HEART BREAKS FOR EACH AND EVERY DOG AND PARENTS OF THE DOGS, IT KILLED ME TO READ HOW YOU PUT YOUR TRUST INTO BANFIELD GIVING THEM A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY, BELIEVING IT WAS SAFE AND BEING LIED TO!!!!!!

THERES A SPECIAL PLACE IN *** FOR THOSE PEOPLE!!!

THAT BEING SAID, I MUST THANK YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE READING ABOUT YOUR REVIEWS JUST SAVED MY DOGS LIFE!!!!!! I ALMOST PUT THE FIRST SHIELD ON HER, BUT SOMETHING TOLD ME TO READ THE REVIEW???? AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO EVER EVER READ ANY REVIEW, IVE NEVER READ ONE!!!!

WOW!!!!! THANK YOU TO THE HUMANS, THANK YOU GOD!!!!!! MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH ALL YOUR PUPS!! GOD BLESS P.S.

TOMORROW I WILL BE BRINGING THIS *** BACK!!

AND I WILL BE THE VOICE FOR ALL THE SICK AND Dying DOGS THAT Could have BEEN MINE. THEN I WILL NEVER GO IN THAT PLACE AGAIN!!!

Reason of review: SOLD A DEADLY PRODUCT.

Comments

Way to overreact!

You do realize that any animal (humans included) could potentially have a reaction to a medication, right?

People even have reactions to such common meds as aspirin. Nothing is 100% safe & it is totally unrealistic to expect it to be so.

Good for you, and your dog is very lucky to have you as a parent!!

#1192679

I worked at Banfield for almost 6yrs.

I saw less than 5 reactions and not one of them were serious reactions.

Just like people, a pet can have a reaction to ANYTHING, even something natural. I saw WAYYYYY more pets have allergic reactions to natural remedies than I ever saw with flea prevention.

Alot of "natural" remedies are extremely toxic to pets.

But people assume just because something is natural, means it can't harm the pet. Which is the furthest thing from the truth.

There are horror stories about every product, medication, vaccine etc.

It does not mean they are bad. It means those pets are sensitive/allergic to the ingredients. I will say that firstshield trio is the only topical I'd ever recommend for dogs.

I don't like topicals though, I prefer oral tablets. Especially if you have cats and dogs as all dog preventions are extremely toxic to cats. If the cat even gets a tiny drop on them, it can be harmful. For cats, the only prevention I would ever use though is Revolution.

I wouldn't use revolution for dogs since it has heartworm prevention and I don't trust topical heartworm prevention. You don't really have to worry about heartworm in cats. I also wouldn't use revolution for dogs because if you're going to use a topical, it should be for fleas and ticks and revolution does not prevent against ticks. There are 3 preventions to steer clear of though, I have no clue how they are still on the market.

Hartz brand, sergeants brand and adams brand are the 3 to never use.

The over the counter products such as frontline and advantage have not been working. The best prevention are the ones sold at the vet

Just fyi, if you're afraid of first shield trio, dont use Vectra. Same product